Tuesday 26 June 2012

Shoes that glitter like stars...and some stripes

Found my anime of the summer (Saiunkoku Monogatari ). Thank Christ. While allowing a couple episodes to load, I decided to do some light household chores and finish cleaning up the painting job on the bathroom I did yesterday. I had originally decided to wear a very pretty sun-dress because, though it wasn't very sunny, it was quite warm today. Upon realisation of the amount of climbing ladders and washing floors I had ahead of me, I changed into the below outfit. All cotton, very airy and easy to move about in. Accessories bar the headband were abandoned for the day. I cracked out the sparkly shoes and set to work. Suddenly I realised that it was three o'clock and I'd been doing random chores for hours. How the hell did that happen?! I got a reprieve from helping out for the rest of the day though! And Sarah D came over for youtube hilarity. We're so funny.

I like the simplicity and limited palate of this outfit. There are really only three colours going on; blue, cream and silver. However, the mixing of textures (sparkles, cotton, the chiffon of the headband) and ideologies (naval inspiration, smart tapered pants, hippy hairpieces) created visual interest and added a sweetness and charm to an otherwise simple outfit. I also love me some stripes! This has to be one of my favourite outfits of late; minimal fuss, lots of adorableness!

Top - Stella Morgan - Trousers - Penney's - Shoes - Truffle - Headband and bag - Boutique in my hometown





No comments:

Post a Comment