Wednesday 12 February 2014

Drawing on ma face.

Boredom in classes led to my drawing on my arms a lot as a kid. This urge to not only doodle but to doodle on yourself when less than stimulated followed me into adulthood. And the result of major internet usage over the past few years is that I cannot merely do one thing at a time. The insane range of things we can access at any moment in time and my lack of self-restraint has combined to make me gorge on the daily. I watch a movie while reading a manga or I watch tv while internet window-shopping and drawing on my face etc etc etc.

Drawing on your face? What ARE you talking about? - You may be thinking loudly at me through your computer screen.

I, of course, mean putting makeup on. 

I've not been drawing on my face with pens...much...

Putting on makeup is the female (generally - boo, repressed, strict gender roles), adult equivalent of drawing on your arms. Which is funny because on a daily basis I wear very little makeup. Not only because I'm lazy and don't care enough to get up earlier but because I have this weird thing where I only consider myself as attractive as I can be with minimal intervention. By this I mean that I feel hideous if I don't look passable sans hairstyle and makeup. Totally makes sense....And isn't a cycle of self-blame and disgust. Heh. I'm fine, seriously...But, basically, my wearing makeup generally means I was bored or procrastinating or both. If you meet me dolled up you can assume this to be the case.

The other day I caught myself unable to watch an entire episode of Dark Angel (despite the gorgeousness of early 2000s Jessica Alba and my loving the show) without needing to do something else at the same time. So, I started putting on makeup. Mostly I was playing around with eyeshadow which I normally never wear.

The following is the result of that evening. The above was just me being self-indulgent. Enjoy.

Smokey neutral eye + natural lip and flushed cheeks.

Products:
Benefit Porefessional Primer
Maybelline Dream Pure BB in Light
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
Oriflame Translucent Pressed Powder
Estee Lauder All-Over Face Powder Quad - Used as a blush (it's a light pink)
Mac 168 Blusher Brush
Philosophy Divine Illumination Love at First Light Skin Luminizer in Honey Gold 02
Clinique Eye Pencil in Brown Sugar 104 - Used to fill in brows and line eyes
IsaDora Triple Eyeshadow in Sandy Sky 06
Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara in Black
Ecotools Eyeshadow Brush
Smokey coloured eye + gothy burgundy lips

Products:
All are the same except:
Rimmel Colour Rush Mono Eyeshadow in Iris 350
Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Pencil in Jet Black 061
Catrice Baroque Glamour Lipstick in Purple Silk C04
Graphic cateye + peachy lips

Products:
Same once again except:
IsaDora eyeshadow repeated with only the white shadow used
Seventeen Superlash! liner in Black
Topshop Lip Bullet in Joyride

Heh, I totes know about makeup and shit...

No comments:

Post a Comment