Monday 7 July 2014

Little Gem: Lennon Courtney

Lennon and Courtney are names familiar to anyone interested in the Irish fashion scene. I'd been meaning to check out their label and headquarters in person for some time now and finally got around to it today. I popped in and stumbled upon a sample sale and my dream coat. Egads, it's a thing of beauty. I'm so utterly obsessed.

The store was being manned by the lovely Deborah Courtney who gave me sneak peaks of pieces from next season, showed me how different dresses were constructed to suit different women and the knitwear piece she designed which is proving to be a great seller. In fact, we end up chatting for ages as I get my shots of the place and we float around the shop and studio. I buy the very first thing I put my hands on and which was her immediate recommendation to me. Bizarrely, it's a piece I've been hunting down for my wardrobe for some time.

Set on Stephen Street in an 18th century building with a historic 20th century store-front, the HQ is both lovely to look at and lovely to shop in. Places that you buzz into can seem intimidating but I'm completely at ease as I browse the rails. And as I wasn't meant to be buying anything, I control myself as best I can. But it's difficult to resist the clothes inside. They're well-made, elegant and timeless. I tell myself it's an investment and allow the one purchase I hadn't planned for.

If you get a chance do pop in, it's well worth it! And, if you can't wait until then, check out their site, facebook page and follow them at @Lennon_Courtney on twitter and @lennoncourtney on Instagram.

P.S. There's a sale going on right now. 










No comments:

Post a Comment