Monday 9 February 2015

Fashback: Jean Paul Gaultier RTW A/W 2006/7

Fog descended and remained for the weekend. And I, for one, was delighted. I love fog. I love how it casts buildings and trees into swimming contrast against a murky white canvas. I feel the witchy vibes. Against the trickle of cold, I want to swathe myself in cloaks and magic beyond the realities of this world.

Which brought to mind Gaultier's RTW A/W 2006/7 show.

Haunting beauty. Less obvious beauty. Familiars, velvet, long, long hair, floating coats and dresses and scarves.

I mean, how much more delightfully witchy could it be? Ugh. And it's RTW. I'd definitely dress like this on the daily if I could. Give me the corsetry, military details, the demure sex-appeal of more left unshown and unsaid. Give me the faux, the brocade, the sheers. One of the best shows of recent years. 




























(Images via vogue.co.uk)

Swoon.

Liked this post? Want more?

Follow me here using google friend connect or bloglovin.

Or follow me on tumblr - twitter - facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment