Friday 5 June 2015

Happy Birthday, Flowerbomb!

Secretly (or maybe not so secretly) I'm a nerdy old granny. I enjoy grocery shopping, large jumpers and slippers, love a potter around a stately home, have an intense relationship with tea and would love to take a Japanese flower arranging course. Which is why, when Victor & Rolf took myself and some fellow bloggers and writers on to do a flower arranging morning (not Japanese specifically but still pretty damn cool) to celebrate ten years of Flowerbomb, I was beyond giddy.

I mean, walking into a room filled with flowers may be a normal occurrence for a lucky few but it was rather a treat for me. And, while pink has never really been my colour, I was nearly utterly overwhelmed by all that pretty! Pastel overload, much?

Hosted by Brown Thomas, who exclusively stocked Flowerbomb in Ireland from its launch in 2005 and for many years afterwards, and lead by the wonderful people of The Flower Factory, Rathmines, it was majorly informative and fun. Plus, rarely has my house smelled quite this good.

Flowerbomb was launched by lifelong bestos and couturiers Victor & Rolf during their A/W 2005 couture show. As each show by the house is a performance, they came up with the idea of intertwining the launch with the theatrics of their clothes. Their mantra is to escape reality by creating dreams and a vision of Utopia, always while maintaining a sense of humour. Flowerbomb was their antidote to reality, a quest to transform anything into beauty and positivity, taking the image of a bomb and making it something pretty and refreshing. The bottle evokes a bomb but also glitters like a pink diamond, something rare and special. With the scent itself, they wanted to do something a little unique. It is an "edible" floral, more complex than most perfumes of its kind, sweet, powdery and rich. And it is an explosion of flowers.

Which is how we ended up making bouquets. We were putting together our own explosions of flowers featuring many of the blooms that are used in the scent - freesias, peonies and roses, amongst others.

To finish, we used a little of the Flowerbomb dry oil to treat our busy hands and all descended from the building, bouquets in hand - quite the sight, I'm sure!

I had kinda forgotten just how heavenly Flowerbomb actually is. I highly recommend checking it out. And flower arranging. That's damn relaxing.

DSCF2304

DSCF2305

DSCF2306

DSCF2307

DSCF2309

DSCF2310

DSCF2313

DSCF2314

DSCF2315


The Flowerbomb collection is available from Department Stores and pharmacies nationwide with prices starting from RRP €65.00.

Happy Birthday, Flowerbomb!

Thanks to Victor & Rolf, Brown Thomas, The Flower Factory and Roisin for having me!

*

Liked this post? Want more?

Follow me here using google friend connect or bloglovin.

Or follow me on tumblr - twitter - facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment