Monday 15 June 2015

Quick Brow Routine

Brows are the one thing I rarely leave the house without. I'm not a massive make-up wearer day to day but my brows grow so sparsely that I can look odd without them filled in. Therefore, they are a bit of a priority.

Sometimes, however, you don't have time for pencil + powder + wax/gel - I like them to look good but ain't nobody got time for that in the morning. Which makes perfecting a routine that is quick and looks great is important.

DSCF2429

Of late, two products have made that possible for me. The first is Soap and Glory's Archery Brow Tint and Precision Shaping pencil (€13.50, in the shade Brownie Points). I tend not to use the tint as it requires a lot of working and effort to look any way effective but I love the pencil. It twists up which is handy as I don't have to pare it all the time and I'm a lazy butt like that. I start off by using small quick strokes to fill in my brows, beginning at the centre and working to the outer edge before going back to the inner edge and meeting with the centre again. I read about this method somewhere ages ago and it basically keeps the shape believable and easy to follow. Afterwards I like to use a brush or spoolie to work the product in and take away any excess.


DSCF2432

DSCF2433

DSCF2416


The second product is Mememe's Arch Angel (€10.50, in the shade Light Brown) which I am OBSESSED with. It's a two-in-one product with a tinted brow gel on one end and a highlighter on the other. The brush is the perfect size for brows which is great because many tinted brow gels often have mascara-sized brushes that are awkward to use on the brows. The formulation is wonderful too and doesn't go crunchy the way some do. I just brush this gently over the pencilled-in brows to set them and give them some more oomph - being careful not to add too much product. But the best part about this product is probably the highlighter which has a lovely, not overly-intense glow. I take a little beneath the brow, on the tip of my nose and on my cheekbone. A friend immediately noticed it the other day and said I looked like I was glowing which is always a good thing. Also I'm just mad keen on the name and packaging.


DSCF2420

DSCF2417

DSCF2421

DSCF2422

DSCF2424


So, that's it - quick, easy and effective! Let me know if anyone has tried these products and what they thought. And, if you've been eyeing them up, I highly recommend giving them a shot!

DSCF2659

*

Liked this post? Want more?

Follow me here using google friend connect or bloglovin.

Or follow me on tumblr - twitter - facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment