Friday 21 August 2015

WhatSalon App


I heard about WhatSalon maybe a couple of months ago when I first got a press release about the app. Thinking it seemed like a good idea and something you guys might be interested in, I decided to try it out. However, the stars obviously weren't aligned that day and my appointment fell through. After that, I forgot about it for a while.

Then, last week, I got another email from the company, this time personally inviting me to try it out. Still intrigued, I jumped at the chance.

WhatSalon is basically an appointment booking app which finds affiliated salons near you and lets you quickly and easily book an appointment for the time and day that best suits you. You also attach your card to the app, paying a small amount of the total ahead of time to reserve your place, meaning that you only have to pay the remainder on the day.

I was told to pick a salon and book a blow dry, also being given €10 credit on my account to cover the booking fee. After a little deliberation I chose the Whetstone Aveda Concept Salon on Parliament Street as it is on my way home and I love both natural and Aveda products. It took probably three minutes to book and the app also allowed me to set a reminder which messaged me the day and also an hour before my appointment. The whole process is just so quick and well thought-out and the app is well-designed and very easy to use - however, I did film a quick walk-through on how to use it above, to help illustrate this post.

The Whetstone was also amazing. Upon arrival I got handed a stack of magazines, a damn good cup of tea and an adorable chocolate cupcake - as they said, you kind of "need one with a cup of tea". I was then introduced to Ronan, who was taking care of me for the day (thanks!). Not only did we have great chats but I was given more magazines and a really decent glass of Prosecco. The end result was also great - perfect for a Friday night of going out with my best besto. It's definitely the place to go before an event to treat yourself and your hair and just the right amount of decadent to make you feel pampered without being embarrassingly fawned over.

The whole experience of both the app and salon was great and I'd recommend it for all the tech-savvy beauty-lovers based in Dublin, or visiting the city. And, wonderfully, I've got a little something to help you give it a go yourself. If you input the unique code WIDEEYED5 into your "wallet" on the app, upon signing up, you'll get €5 credit to use when booking your first appointment!

Hope you guys like it too!

IMG_1106

IMG_1144

IMG_1146

IMG_1148

(I was approached by WhatSalon to review their app and the expenses incurred were covered by the company. However, I have not been paid for this review and all opinions are my own.)

*

Liked this post? Want more?

Follow me here using google friend connect or bloglovin.

Or follow me on tumblr - twitter - facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment