Saturday 3 December 2016

Five Golden Gifts: The Gift of Choice + Win A €50 Penneys Voucher

We all have one of those people in our lives, right? Someone who is impossible to buy a gift for. Someone who doesn't really want anything. Someone who has very particular tastes. My dad, for example, really doesn't want much and doesn't have any hobbies that are easy to buy appropriate gifts for. Choosing a gift for him can be very, very stressful.

I'm sure you, too, have a person like this in your lives. So, I'm going to suggest a gift that isn't particularly original and isn't something many like to give: a voucher.

I know, I know. It seems incredibly impersonal or lazy. However, in reality, you're giving someone the freedom of choice to get something they really want or need, rather than giving them one more thing to add to the big pile of unnecessary stuff we all have in our lives. This isn't to bash other gifts, of course, I'm merely saying that, if you're stuck, it's really not the worst gift in the world.

And, if you're worried about seeming cold and impersonal, you could always pop it inside a handmade card or accompany it with a silly little present that references an in-joke.

There's such a wide range of possibilities to choose from with vouchers, too: You could get a voucher from an airline if the person has been talking about wanting to go to a particular place for ages; a voucher for iTunes or a ticket seller like Ticketmaster, if the person loves music; a voucher for a spa to allow them unwind after a long and rather eventful year (Jesus); a voucher for that restaurant you've been both meaning to try; or you could even get them a voucher for their favourite store...

...which leads me to today's giveaway, a €50 voucher for one of Ireland's favourite retailers, Penneys! Read on to learn how to enter to win this prize and make sure to come back over the next couple of days for more gift ideas and giveaways!


Untitled

Untitled


1. This giveaway is open to residents of Ireland, over 18.
2. The prize is a voucher for Penneys and is worth €50.00. 
3. All you need to do is comment below here or on Facebook with who you'd give it to - or if you want it for yourself! However, you must be following me on at least one platform (FacebookInstagramTwitter, Google Friend Connect, Bloglovin'Tumblr), let me know which one in the comment if it's not obvious!
4. Competition closes a week from now on the 10th of December 2016 at midnight Irish time.
5. Winners will be chosen at random.
6. I will then comment below the winner's comment and ask you to email my official blog email address.


*

Liked this post? Want more?

Follow me here using google friend connect or bloglovin.

Or follow me on tumblr - twitter - facebook - instagram.



17 comments:

  1. I follow you on Facebook (Louise Mc Namara) and Instagram (thriftylilpixie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say who I wanted it for! I'd love to share it with my sister!

      Delete
    2. Hey Louise, You're our winner! Congrats! Can you email me at fitzpac2@gmail.com to organise getting the prize to you? Cx

      Delete
  2. Following you on twitter pollyr36

    Would love this for myself. . Need new clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Penneys so might have to keep it but I'd share with my sister xx Following on twitter @mca_hutton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following on Facebook. Would love to win to buy a new coat for myself for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd give it to my partner Lin as she would certainly find a few things to use it on in Penney's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My big sis, following on twiiter as comfyblueshoes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd share it with my two teenage daughters as the new pennys in liffey valley is opening next week oooh

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd use it to buy some cosy things for travelling to snowy places this Christmas :3 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liked on FB and followed on Instagram (@aidaknow). I'd love this aaaaaall for myself c:

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd share it with my book group buddies on one of our regular book group trips to Dublin (we're from up north in Belfast). I've followed you on twitter @wray_sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Following on twitter. Great prize. I'd use it to buy some pyjamas for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love this please, i'd buy treats for my niece for Christmas! I follow you on facebook and twitter. Another lovely prize xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would share it with my sister
    Instagram Yasmineamel97

    ReplyDelete
  15. Id share it with my sister rachel
    Twitter: vixon33

    ReplyDelete