Monday 15 January 2018

Getting my Aligners From Your Smile Direct - How They Look, The Amount of Pain and The Lisp(?)

Pretty much a month ago, I posted about Your Smile Direct and how we had begun working together (read that for more information on the brand and how their treatment works). I went to their Dublin office and had a 3D scan done of my mouth to create my aligners and treatment plan. They then sent me the proposal for my approval and, having seen the incredible progress they hoped to make with my teeth, I decided to go ahead and try it out.

For context, I have had traditional braces before, as a teen, but I didn't wear my retainers properly afterwards and my teeth pretty much shifted back into their original position - much to my shame, given the investment into my orthodontistry that my parents had made. I was already considering trying out Your Smile Direct, as a far more affordable way to fix my silly mistake, when they contacted me. It was kind of like fate. The treatment itself costs 70% less than traditional methods and works out at 4 installments of €399 each or one once-off payment of €1499. So, it really is a good option for people who have always wanted to have their teeth straightened but weren't quite able to afford it.

I was under the misconception that you made your first payment and then they sent out your first aligner, with each of the following being sent out accordingly. However, you actually receive a box with all of your stages of aligners at once, which makes far more sense, tbh.

My personal plan will last about 5 months, with each aligner being worn for two weeks before moving on to the next one, moving my teeth into position little by little with each new aligner. At the end of the whole process, I will have to wear my retainer all day for 6 months and then at night, thereafter, to maintain the results.

This morning, I put the first ones in and began my journey.

My initial feelings are that it is rather uncomfortable - not unbearable but it'll take some getting used to. Luckily, I don't have quite the lisp that my braces gave me, just a wee touch of one. Putting them in and taking them out is very easy - if not a little gross and messy. I also have quite the case of dry mouth, which I read can happen but may actually be for the best as it is forcing me to up my water intake - something I needed to do anyway! On the plus side, however, they are utterly unnoticeable when I'm wearing them, which is great!

Honestly, I'm a little worried about the discomfort right now, it's fine during the day, when I'm working, but I hate anything getting in the way of being utterly relaxed in my downtime. That's me being a bit of a baby, I suppose, and I'm sure I will get used to it. Either way, I'm gonna stick this thing out and let you all know how it goes, each step of the way!

To see if it will work for you, check out this link.

image

image (3)

image (1)

image (2)


(This is not an ad or sponsored. My treatment is being provided free of charge by Your Smile Direct but all opinions are my own.)

*

Liked this post? Want more?

Follow me here using google friend connect or bloglovin.

Or follow me on tumblr - twitter - facebook - instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment